Here is trouble with Rose. A game designed by Zircher and a rather fun play. They is no intro and only the game file itself. I have had a fire and can not do the intro but I saved the pc the file was one so everything is not all bad...Enjoy the listen and have fun
Hi there Sundaes,
I have to say that this was quite a good listen. Thank you for playing & sharing The Trouble with Rose. I really like this as a story game. I like the way the characters, the goals, and the values on the Dominoes give structure to the creativity. That way you don’t spend the first couple of turns just trying to figure out what is going on. I think this might be a story game well suited to Blindgeek, because of all the support the system lends. Which is not to say it takes away from creativity. Oh my, no. The story you all came up with was creative, with twists, turns, double crosses, and all kinds of good times. It felt very western, and I totally enjoyed the part everybody played. It would be fun next time to see everybody participate, but I do see why you would want a facilitator during an introductory game. Do you mind if I ask some technical questions? (If you do, skip the next section)
1)is it just a double 6 set of dominoes? would you use double 9, or double 12 if you had more players? seems like you would run out of traits.
2) how difficult was it to come up with the setting? Does the game provide instructions on how to write a scenario?
3) While the game seemed to go pretty smooth, that could just be the masterful editing, that we have all come to take for granted. Did you ever feel “stuck” when it came to your turn?
Anyway, that was a very fun tale, and well told by all. Thank you for sharing.
1) Double six is the standard which supports 3-5 people playing five rounds (dominoes) or you can go with 6-7 players playing four rounds. I thought about double 9 and double 12, but that’s a lot of talents/natures to come up with on the fly. I imagine seven players would be the max before the story gets too spread out and disconnected.
2) Check out the play sets and you’ll see that they’re all a single sheet by design with five characters, a story seed, a few NPC descriptions, and some places to set the stage. I totally encourage everyone to make their own (and throw them into the ‘official’ Google Docs folder if they want to share them.) Note to self, write up a how-to guide on play set construction.
3) The first round is usually where all the hemming and hawing takes place but by round two everyone really does get into the swing of things.
The SundaySkyper version of The Trouble with Rose is going to drop soon and the only ‘masterful editing’ I did was to remove some Sykpe chat and a few UMs and AHs to soothe my ego. – TAZ
Duh, the SundaySkyper version of TTwT: Deep Six from MonkeyCon Zero is going to drop soon. — TAZ